Thursday, May 26, 2011

Which Translation To Use?

I found a new website today that may be helpful to some - especially when dealing with and encountering our own questions regarding bible translations.  While I am beginning to stand more solidly than ever on using the King James Version (KJV) as my preferred version of choice, I understand the need for, and indeed that is WHY I turned to The Message in my own day, a help in understanding more easily the Word of God.

I would like to note at this time that I have just received my own copy of the Expositor's Study Bible produced by Brother Jimmy Swaggart. It is a KJV but many, many verses have commentaries/explanations written DIRECTLY beneath the verse.  Brother Swaggart has said specifically that he was led by the Spirit of God to produce this Study Bible in the fashion in which it is done.  I feel blessed to have discovered this wonderful tool, and am using it now in my own study.  Certainly I can say that the deeper I go into the Word of God, the deeper I want to go - further and further - to learn and understand what He is saying to us through His Word.

Here is the website I spoke of in the first paragraph:

http://www.hem-of-his-garment-bible-study.org/best-bible-translation.html

Not to be spammmmmmming -- but if you are interested in the Expositor's Study Bible -- here is the website for more information:

www.jsm.org


Be blessed :o) !!

No comments:

Post a Comment